Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

I am having a veryserious surgery soon, but our store is in

I am having a veryserious surgery soon, but our store is in liquidation, will i still be able to take fml
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, you can still take FMLA leave while your store is in liquidation.

FMLA provides you of up to 12 weeks of job protected leave for employees of employers with 50 or more employees at a location, or within a 75 mile radius of your location. Your employer has to return you to the same or similar position by your employer UNLESS your position is eliminated for economic reasons.

Since the store is in liquidation currently, it's quite possible that your job will be economically eliminated, which would not violate FMLA.

So, even though you can take FMLA leave, it may not provide you with protection from termination, since the store is currently in liquidation.

I hope the above information is helpful, although I realize it is not what you wanted to hear. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question. It would be unprofessional of me and unfair to you to provide you with anything less.

Please let me know if you have any follow up or clarifying questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.
If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers and DON’T receive anything unless you rate me positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph