Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

We are married but living separately. The issue is social

We are married but living separately.
The issue is social security spouse benefits .
If one of us die ,do the living spouse will get the Social security monthly payment of the dead spouse? Or we must be married and live together to get these benefits?
Thank you for your answer,

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help in any way that I can,

You do not have to be living together to receive the benefits of a deceased spouse. Aslong as you are still married, the survivor qualifies as the "widow" or "widower" and can receive the benefits the deceased was receiving. If the surviving spouse has not yet reached 60, they will still receive the benefits, but in a reduced amount.

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

You are welcome, Please do not forget to leave a rating for my service, otherwise I do not receive credit for assisting you,