How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12841
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a partial judgment to go get my son, but my attorney

This answer was rated:

I have a partial judgment to go get my son, but my attorney is so negative about everything, will I loose the judgment and have to start all over if I get a different attorney?
Thank you for your question.

I'm sorry to hearyou're having difficulties with your attorney. However, the good news is no, getting a new attorney will not void any type of court order you already have, so you will not lose it, or have to start over should you decide you would rather hire someone else.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I tell her that her services are no longer needed or what do I do

If you wish to hire another attorney, that is your right. There's no "right" or wrong way to do it, per se. Attorneys don't take it personally if they are terminated. If you feel like the relationship cannot be worked out, then you can contact the office and tell them that you no longer wish to you ________ lawyer to represent you, effective immediately. If you have hired a new lawyer already, you can ask that your file be copied and sent over (though really, the new law firm will likely do that anyway). Your old lawyer will have to file a motion to withdraw with the court, since they cannot ethically just drop your case, but that's a formality - the court isn't going to force you to keep them, or make them represent you if you don't want them.

RobertJDFL and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions