Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is a Veterinary Animal Behaviorist licensed or certified to

Is a Veterinary Animal Behaviorist licensed or certified to do an evaluation of dogs that maybe classified as dangerous dogs under New York State laws.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.

The answer is yes. Veterinary behaviorists are veterinarians with a special interest in animal behavior. Veterinary behaviorists are licensed veterinarians in the state of New York.

As such, they have the ability to diagnose and treat any animal without restriction under Education Law Article 135 §6701, which states:

"The practice of the profession of veterinary medicine is defined as diagnosing, treating, operating, or prescribing for any animal disease, pain, injury, deformity or physical condition, or the subcutaneous insertion of a microchip intended to be used to identify an animal. "Animal" includes every living creature except a human being."

So yes, they can evaluate and treat dogs that may be classified as dangerous under NY law.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correctt. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.