Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

a woman keeps calling (with her cell ID blocked), posting rude

a woman keeps calling (with her cell ID blocked), posting rude things about me on her blog(even posted my pic), sent bad words to my friends (unfortunately she got my contact list), how can i file a complaint/charge against her or how can i stop her doing this?
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Do you know who this woman is?

Is she making any threats of violence against you, or just harassing communications?

Finally, is she making any false statements about you (allegations of things you haven't done) or is she just making negative comments about you online and to your friends and contact list?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

yes i know who she is, she didnt make threats against me, but to my friend,whom also being harassed by her , and she did make negative comments and false statements about me or my family (making bad statements onto my kids and husband, and she doesnt even know them )

Expert:  Joseph replied 5 months ago.
Hello Brenda,

Thank you for the additional information.

I'll look into this for you and get back to you shortly.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 months ago.
Hello Brenda,

Unfortunately, absent imminent threats of physical violence, you wouldn’t have enough for a restraining order, so you wouldn’t be able to stop her from contacting you. Additionally, in cases of defamation (false and damaging statements) courts will normally not issue injunctions ordering someone to stop making, as they constitute unconstitutional prior restraint on the freedom of speech.

However, you can and should sue her for defamation is she is making false and damaging statements about you online and to others. That would constitute a valid cause of action for defamation, since she is making false statements that damage your reputation, and is ‘publishing’ them by stating them to third parties.
While defamation causes of action are, honestly, hard to prove, you do have the possibility of getting a settlement or a verdict. However, I would highly suggest you only obtain an attorney who is willing to take your case on contingency, so you only have to compensate the attorney if you receive a settlement or a verdict in your favor.

JustAnswer experts can also not make specific recommendations for attorneys. However, I can give you a few good starting points to find an attorney interested in taking your case.

www.lawyers.com

www.avvo.com

www.martindale.com

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.