Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a new employee who work at a medical office that deals

I am a new employee who work at a medical office that deals with copays credit card, debts cards & money. The doctor already accused another employee of theft but the employee swears up and down she would never steal. The doctor doesn't give receipt for cash transations. I am in fear this doctor will do the same to me of false actuating. what can I do to prevent this.

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I suggest that the receipt book is a great idea that way you can always have a record that is going to equate to any money for co pays etc and there should be no question. Also the customer can have a copy of that receipt if they want it

What has the employer said about this idea?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my employer doesn't like my idea! I ask why she told me I shouldn't question her since its her practice. I'm at lost I want to protect my self! what actions should I take?

Hello

Thank you and I apologize for the delay.

I suggest that you keep your own journal of payments received. And at the end of the day make sure everything is balanced.

Unfortunately, your boss is the rule maker and can set and establish policy however they choose as long as it is not discriminatory.

So in this case, you only way of protection is to keep those records for your self so that if something comes up you can show that you have records and that your money balanced out at the end of each day.