Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

the car dealer sent me a title with no lienholder listed (there

the car dealer sent me a title with no lienholder listed (there is a loan)...they are wanting me to send it back to them....what are the legal ramifications if I do not send it and go ahead and license the car in my name...?? what should I do

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The legal ramifications would be based on potential claims of 'breach of contract' and 'fraud'. Since you are aware of this lien, and it is a valid lien against the vehicle, failure to record it would not invalidate the lien, it would permit the creditor to sue for breach and costs, as well as seek an acceleration of the debt and repossession of the vehicle on the basis that it is currently no longer under loan that they are going to honor. This is a situation where allowing them to send you an updated title is the far better option.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry....i pushed the wrong button ...i wasn't really paying attention

My apologies but did you mean to rate my answer as 'bad'? If not, could you kindly re-rate? Thank you!