Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Lawn services rendered after he was informed on at least two

Lawn services rendered after he was informed on at least two separate occasions not to the perform the services. Now he is charging me for the services which I informed him not to do. We have no written contract or anything like that. Just a verbal arrangement.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Did this party performed lawn services for you on prior occassions?

What is the amount in dispute?

Please provde me with more details about this situation, so I can better understand it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The amount in dispute is $260.00. I know not a big amount, but it is not something I want to pay after I told him not to do it.

The lawn cutting services he provides are done every three weeks or so. But it is the winter aeration that I specifically told him I did not want done.

It is an optional service he provides outside of the tri-weekly lawn care service. I have proof through text that I told him not to do this. I know that may not count for much. But even on the invoice he sent me, his dates are completely wrong on when the services were rendered as well.

Dear Ashlee,

Thank you for your follow up.

If you do have the proof that you did inform the service provide specifically not to provide this specific lawn service to you, but he continued anyways, even if the service provide files a small claims lawsuit to collect any money owed for this unwanted and unauthorized service, the court would generally not rule in the favor of service provider who received notice not to perform services, but continued to do so and then proceeded to bill for the services.

I wish you the best of luck!