Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My son of 25 years has a bench warrant for his arrest for not

My son of 25 years has a bench warrant for his arrest for not showing up in court and not finishing his community service for a minor traffic violation here in Sag harbor New york.
Is there a possibility that they will send him to jail when he shows up for a new court date in two days?
Roby braun

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : It i certainly possible that the judge could put him in jail for contempt of court (failing to appear and failing to complete his probation), but that is not extremely likely given that this stems from a minor traffic offense.
He could be charged with criminal contempt, which can be charged as a second degree offense - - which is a class a misdemeanor.