Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
9200179

With driving privileges revoked in an emergency situation would

With driving privileges revoked in an emergency situation would it be legal for me to drive in the state of Oregon?
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I would say no, that it is not legal to drive even in an emergency. However, if there was such an emergency, depending on the nature of the emergency, you may not get into trouble. I prosecuting attorney and/or the judge may take notice of the emergency and decide that your actions were reasonable and not file charges, drop charges, reduce charges or dismiss the case.

Also, you may want to take a look at this link in case you want to apply for an emergency drivers license:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages/driverid/emergency.aspx

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!