Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am supposedly receiving a $950,000 transfer to my from the IMF for being an online scam/

I am supposedly receiving a $950,000 transfer to my from the IMF for being an online scam/fraud victim. Now this is being done in Lagos, Nigeria via a Western Union agent in $5000 installments. I have spoken with and verified that there is a payment due to me at WU but it cannot be released until I paid $270 to which I did. Now the Nigerian Govt (F.I.R.S.) has stopped payment because they want a NON_RESIDENT tax payment from me of $900 before they will release the funds to me. Again this is done thru the WU agent in charge of my IMF fund. Now I have been in constant contact with this agent, but I just want to make sure that this transaction is 100% legit. Is there any way to verify that this is legit?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to tell you some bad news

This is not legitimate. It is a scam

I suggest you contact your local FBI regional office and they will verify that for you

I am sorry But no one is going to make you pay money to get money.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your input. I thought so when the agent would not give me my mtcn # XXXXX for verification purposes. Now its time to block all telephone numbers from that country.

I am sorry that this has happened to you

IF you report this to the local FBI they will help your For Real... They try to keep track of these situations