Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

If I win my small claims court case and the defendant says

If I win my small claims court case and the defendant says he has no money to pay me, can I force him to sell his horses, tractor, etc. to get my money?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a good question. What you can do domesticate the judgment and then ask the courts for the right to pursue a bank levy against his accounts, and place a lien against his other assets. Then, if he does not pay, you can go back to court and request that the property that you placed a lien against be placed on auction and sold to cover your debt. So yes, you can, but not right away--you would need to go through a few steps before you can force sales.

Good luck.