How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I win my small claims court case and the defendant says

This answer was rated:

If I win my small claims court case and the defendant says he has no money to pay me, can I force him to sell his horses, tractor, etc. to get my money?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.


That is a good question. What you can do domesticate the judgment and then ask the courts for the right to pursue a bank levy against his accounts, and place a lien against his other assets. Then, if he does not pay, you can go back to court and request that the property that you placed a lien against be placed on auction and sold to cover your debt. So yes, you can, but not right away--you would need to go through a few steps before you can force sales.


Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you