Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

We had a real estate partnership (etal) and the property was

We had a real estate partnership (etal) and the property was foreclosed. Two settled w/ lender and one did not. Lender sent 1099A and irs levied partner who didn't settle with lender. IRS garnishied his paycheck. Tax year that irs levy was approx. 2003. We are not sure what the 1099a was sent as etal or not. This partner has died. Even if two partners settled with lender and lender sent 1099a as etal are we liable and can come after the two partners?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : The two partners that settled should be free and cleR
Roger : clear of any liability for this debt.
Roger : I obviously haven't seen your settlement agreement, and you would need to review it, but I'm sure it says that the partner is relieved from any further liability for the debt.

One more thing. The 1099a is forgiveness of debt. Does this make any difference.

Roger : It should not matter as to the partners that settled.