Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Hi.I have an Account Overseas in a Bank.That bank sent me a

Hi.I have an Account Overseas in a Bank.That bank sent me a Debit Card to access my funds.The bank used a Courier Service.For 3 days,it is held at U.S.Customs.Is there law against having a foreign Bank Account?That Courier Service called today and asked me;What is in that package?I told them,they are papers?What was I supposed to say?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

This is unfortunately a scam. Say nothing - do not contact them again. Above all, do not send them any money. No legitimate bank would use a courier to send a debit card overseas. Courier services are extremely expensive, and it is cheaper and easier to send through the mail or a parcel delivery service. Those

There is also no logical reason that a debit card would be held in U.S. Customs, because there is no law against having a foreign bank account. If you were bringing cash into the country, you'd have to declare it, but a debit card should go through with no problem - think about how, when you go in and out of the country, you carry bank and credit cards with you and no one looks at them or even asks about them. If you did owe something, Customs would just send you a bill to your house. They wouldn't hold your item hostage - they don't have the space to do that. Contraband is destroyed, and otherwise, people are sent an official customs form explaining that a duty is owed.

Do not send them another penny. If you have already sent money, you should report it to the FBI via the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Also, beware of follow-up scams. Sometimes in this situation, the scam artists will have a friend contact you and offer to get your money back - for a small, upfront fee, sent via Western Union. It's just a more despicable part of the original scam. Don't fall for it.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Lucy.How are you?I am scared that U.S.Customs is keeping the Package for 3 days and not releasing it.

Lucy!This is my Account.I opened it overseas.The bank sent me a Debit Card,so that I could access my funds here in USA.The bank here in USA told me;When I deposit funds and earn interest,I would have to pay Tax.I agree with them that I will.I am a Law abiding citizen.

U.S. Customs has not contacted me.I spoke to D.H.L. Supervisor,who called me today at 2:00 p.m.

Please!How can I retrieve the package from U.S.Customs?

I'm sorry, but there is no package. This is a scam. U.S. Customs is not holding it, because it doesn't exist.

No legitimate bank will ever use a courier to transfer a debit card, because, again, that is a ridiculously expensive means of doing something that can be done extremely cheaply and easily.

The money you sent is gone. You should file a police report. There is no debit card. Again, I'm sorry. Do not throw good money after bad. There aren't any forms you can fill out to get that card, because the scam artists didn't really send it to you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Please Lucy!Do you think that D.H.L. is out of their mind to call me and tell me that U.S.Customs is holding the package in Cicinnnati,Ohio?

This is a Legilimate Account.I opened it.The bank paid D.H.L.from my account.Please!Have mercy on me.Should A Lawyer contact U.S. Customs to help me?Thank you.

I don't think that call really came from DHL. Go to their website and use their tracking feature to track the shipment.
http://www.dhl.com/en.html

You can also call the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Office in Cincinnati directly to confirm their procedures when ATM cards are mailed into the country. There is no need to spend money on a lawyer.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/oh/4102.xml
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Lucy.Thank you for the answer.I am a Muslim.I am scared for that reason.

Tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.,that Supervisor will call me again and give me an answer;If they can retrieve the package and send it to me?

I wrote down the Link,you sent me.

God Bless You.

Bye for now.

.

Legally, you have not done anything wrong. There is no reason for them to look at you. If they single you out for negative behavior because you're Muslim, you can sue for discrimination.

Call the numbers on the official websites for DHL and Customs. Do not use any links provided to you by the people who are claiming to have sent the card.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Lucy.You have put my mind to EASE.I love USA.I would never do anything wrong.I am a God-fearing person.

Thank you again.

Bye for now.

You're welcome. Have a good night.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Lawyer