Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

my aunt had a timeshare in florida that she wanted my name

my aunt had a timeshare in florida that she wanted my name to be added as co-owner. she sent the timeshare a letter to that effect, but died before papers were processed. this happened two years ago. her daughter wants me to have it, she is executor. has death certificate, but nothing was in the will since she had given it to me before she passed. everything has been finalized with the will already. what do l do now to get my name on the deed. she owned the timeshare outright. her daughter hasnt dont anything with the timeshare people. l have used the timeshare for 2 years pretending my aunt is still with us. but would like to have it legalized.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Can you provide me a bit more information? Is your aunt's daughter the only beneficiary under your aunt's will? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. but the other 3 siblings also do not want the timeshare.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response. What you will need to do is to have her daughter, as executor, contact the timeshare company to transfer the interest to you. The timeshare company should provide her a quit claim deed for allowing for the transfer of title of the timeshare from the estate to you. Her daughter will sign it on behalf of the estate as director, and because the other siblings are beneficiaries of the will and title did not get transferred prior to death, the other siblings will need to sign the deed as well. Once signed, witnessed and notarized, the deed will need to be recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. If you would like me to provide you a template for a quit claim deed, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you. This will allow the executor to get started on this immediately without having to wait for the timeshare company.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, please send me a template. thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have provided it for you below. You're welcome...it's my pleasure to help!

Prepared by:
Record and Return to:
Quit Claim DEED
This Quit Claim Deed made on the ________ day of ______________, 20______
Between ________________________________________________________________________
Whose mailing address is: ___________________________________________________________
Hereinafter called the First Party,
and ____________________________________________________________________________
Hereinafter called the Second Party,
WITNESSETH, that the First Party, for and in consideration of the sum of TEN DOLLARS ($10.00) in hand paid by the said
second party, the receipt whereof is herby acknowledged, does hereby remise, release, and quit-claim unto the said second party
forever, all the right, title, interest, claim and demand with the said first party has in and to the following described lot, piece or
parcel of land, situate lying and being in the County of _______________________ , State of FLORIDA to wit:
SEE SCHEDULE A, LEGAL DESCRIPTION ATTACHED.
Subject to covenants, restrictions, easements of record and taxes for the current year.
TAX FOLIO NUMBER: ___________________________
To have and to hold the same together with all and singular the appurtantace thereunto belonging or in anywise appertaining, and
all the estate, right title, interest, lien, equity, and claim whatsoever of the first party either in law or equity, to the only proper
use, benefit and behoof of the said second party.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the First party has caused these presents to be executed in its name, and its corporate seal to be
hereunto affixed, by its proper officer thereunto duly authorized, this _____ day of __________, 20_______.
(Wit.) (Seal)
(Wit.) (Seal)
State of }
County of }
The foregoing instrument is acknowledged before me on this _____ day of __________, 20_____ by
______________________________________________________
who is personally known to me or who has/have produced __________________________ as identification
and did take an oath.
Witness my signature and official seal in the aforesaid state and county.
__________________________________ My commission expires _________________________
Notary Public (Affix Notary Seal)
SCHEDULE A
LEGAL DESCRIPTION
Richard, Attorney
Experience: Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I truly appreciate you taking the time to do that!
Richard, Attorney
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you also for the nice bonus! I appreciate both your kindness and your generosity!