Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

close friend going thru substance abuse detox.... discharged,

close friend going thru substance abuse detox.... discharged, told to go home only after 1 1/2 days detox. Told we don't do detox here. However, performed detox Vickie @ earlier time... she come home to find her personal physician discharged her from his care too.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, under DEA regulations any facility or doctor performing any detox has to now be a registered detox facility. However in a true emergency, the hospital or doctor can provide temporary detox for up to 72 hours to get the patient into a licensed detox facility. If they do not feel it is a true emergency situation they cannot detox the patient they must refer them to a licensed detox facility.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.