Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Have a case and a lawyer in Puerto Rico and its hasnt been

Have a case and a lawyer in Puerto Rico and it's hasn't been settled for 12 years the lawyer won't take my calls and I have received no paperwork on what's been done in the case or when it's going to be settled? It's relating to a bond. Bufete Medina & Morell in Ponce, Puerto Rico.

Roger :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Roger :

12 years is obviously a very long time for a lawsuit to be pending.

Roger :

The best way to get results is to write the attorney a letter and inform him that you are frustrated with the handling of the case and demand an update and a game plan from him to get this resolved asap. You can also inform the attorney that if he doesn't respond, that you'll have no choice but to file a complaint with the Puerto Rico Bar Assn: http://www.prba.net/

Customer:

Does it ever take that long for a lawyer to get documentation? This is on an inheritance, my grandfather died without a will and it just a bond plus two houses but I don't understand what the property has to do with the whole bond issue.

Roger :

Most of the time, the threat of a bar complaint is the worst news a lawyer can hear, and this should result in some action from him.

Roger :

I've never had a case where it took this type of time to get something accomplished. I assume it is possible, but not probable at all.

Customer:

I verbally told him about the ethics committee in Puerto Rico but I guess that was not good enough.

Roger :

The problem is that the lawyer is not communicating with you - - and that's a huge "no no" for lawyers to do to their client.

Roger :

A certified letter is the best medicine, and if that doesn't work, you can go forward with your complaint.

Customer:

thank you will try this.