Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 13 Years bankruptcy experience. Member of the Chicago Bar Association
15345323

I put a car loan for my daughter with my wifes name. She couldnt

I put a car loan for my daughter with my wifes name. She couldn't pay for it so I've been paying for it but no longer can pay for it. What can I do I'm a disabled VET and on SS
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You have several options.

Terry L. :

you can contact the lender to see if they can work out an arrangement that can work for you.

Terry L. :

You can also sell the car, pay off the note

Terry L. :

You can also see if they will take back the car, sell it and then you can pay the remainder

Terry L. :

Bankruptcy will discharge the debt for the person named on the loan.

Terry L. :

If it is cosigned, then both parties are on the hook for the payments

Terry L. :

Talk to a bankruptcy lawyer if you are thinking that may be an option

Terry L. :

Most offer free consults.

Terry L. :

Let me know what questions you have.

Terry L. :

Thanks

Terry L. :

Terry

Customer:

I can't go bankruptcy own property which is in both mine and my wife name

Customer:

What can they do if I take it back????

Terry L. :

They will auction it off for what they can, and then the signers on the loan are responsible for the remaining balance owed.

Terry L. :

They don't get very much at these auto repossession auctions though in most cases, so that should be the last resort

Terry L. :

Did you have any other questions?

Terry L. :

If you do, let me know

Terry L. :

thanks. If not, click accept and rate the answer.

Terry L. :

Terry

Terry L., Attorney
Experience: Better Business Bureau. 13 Years bankruptcy experience. Member of the Chicago Bar Association