Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

my ex is hiding a vehicle i co signed to be repossesed and

my ex is hiding a vehicle i co signed to be repossesed and i am paying ins on it cause he hasnt paid that either i know hes hiding it cause they cant find it at the address i gave them. i really hope they find him so i can get plates surrended and my name off this loan. do you think they will?

you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

I need a little more information to help you.

Was the car awarded to you ex in a divorce ?

Was your ex to refinance the car into his own name ?

Is the title to the car in both names or just in 1 name ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hes my exboyfriend . he cant refinance in his own name he has no credit. the title is in my name

If the title is in you name get a court order to have the car returned to you. This is sometimes referred to as an action for replevin. With the order you can go out with a sheriff to retrieve the vehicle. If your boyfriend refuses to produce the car ultimately he can be jailed for contempt.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
i already asked the police since he is on the loan it is still his vehicle so i cannot get vehicle

If his and you name are on the title then you will need to file a motion for partition with the court. The court will order the vehicle sold or returned to the loan company. If your boyfriend fails to produce the vehicle after a court order he can be held in contempt for failing to comply with the order.

What can I do to get tech rating improved. I have answered the question with the information you provided within the context of the laws available. What is it the you still need.