Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a director of a soccer organization and a female coach

I am a director of a soccer organization and a female coach has been accused of racism due to lack of playtime. The parent has taken it to the state association and with an email expressing her reasons why. Both the coach and I want to be sensitive, however this could affect the coaches livelihood and the club of its reputation. Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you for your question I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You and the coach need to prepare a response to show that the playing time has nothing to do with the race of the player. Parents today are very fast to make up excuses for the reasons their children do not succeed. You need to provide your detailed evidence of play time showing that the time was near as close to equitable or was not done based on her race.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.