socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I understand that in request for production, and in request

I understand that in request for production, and in request for admissions, one can ask 30 questions, is that correctly understood?

How many times can you file request for productions and admissions?

How many times can you file Motion for Summary judgment?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

You asked:

A: There is no maximum number of items for a production request; for admissions, the number is XXXXX ORCP 45(F).

A: There is no maximum number of times that you could serve a request for production. However, the responding party can move for a protective order, on grounds that the requests are abusive. The nature of the original request requires that the responding party must update discovery whenever additional documents become available, so as a general rule, only one request for production is necessary.

A: Here again, there is no specific requirement. However, given that the purpose of an MSJ is to either terminate the case prior to trial, or order that the matter must be resolved by trial, it would rarely be necessary to bring more than one MSJ in a case.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful. And, thanks for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Sorry I am a bit dense, I guess that comes with being a Lay person. How many times can you serve 30 requests for admissions?

Where can I find examples on MSJ's filed in other cases? I am in Oregon.

A: The total number of requests for admissions cannot exceed 30, regardless of how many separate requests you serve. If you need to increase the number, you would have to file a motion and show good cause as to why you need to ask additional questions.

Where can I find examples on MSJ's filed in other cases?

A: If you mean, where can you find examples, for free, I don't have any good resources. You can google "motion summary judgment oregon circuit". However, my quick look shows only one useful example (www.crag.org/documents/HRVRC-www.crag.org/documents/HRVRC-CrossMotionforSMJ.pdf.pdf).

If you really want to get it right, then the Oregon Bar has a publication: Civil Pleading and Practice, which you can either purchase or review at the county public law library. That's what every Oregon lawyer generally does, because Oregon is a small jurisdiction and there are very few legal treatises published for the jurisdiction.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)