Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I purchased a necklace hallmarked 14K Italy from a lady in

I purchased a necklace hallmarked 14K Italy from a lady in New Hampshire on ebay. I took it to 2 jewelery experts who told me it's fake. The necklace cost me $222 + shipping. I emailed her and she refused to give me my money back. Fortunately, it looks like she runs a viable antique jewelry business so I have her name and address. Other than contact e-bay, what can I do? She sold me a counterfeit necklace. Is it illegal to sell those under New Hampshire law?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

When you say "counterfeit" are you describing an item that is a "Designer" piece, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no it is not a designer piece just an Italian fake.

Thank you.

It would only be considered against the law if it was sold as a geniune Designer piece. Then it would mean you could take action for criminal charges.

As it stands, the rule of thumb is "Buyer Beware" That means it is incumbent upon the buyer to know what they are buyind. Now, if you are unsatisified with the purchase, you would need to sue to have the money returned. Many times filing a complaint with Ebay and going through that process results in a refund because of a fraud.

Otherwise, you will need to file a smaill claims lawsuit against the seller.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated