CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

My firm contracted a Firm Fixed Price Services Agreement that

My firm contracted a Firm Fixed Price Services Agreement that stated “(a) Seller shall submit a lump sum invoice to Buyer within 10 days of submitting the summary reported detailed in Attachment A. The fee shall be paid IN FULL to Seller by Buyer within 30 days of delivery of the final report that is accepted by Buyer.” Buyer has accepted final report and we have submitted an FFP Invoice for Services in the Amount of contracted FFP of $42,000.00, however our costs did actually exceed this amount. Buyer is now insisting on a fully detailed, itemized invoice of actual costs which will total $42,127.83 of which they will only pay $42,000.00. Since the Services Agreement clearly stated it was a Firm Fixed Price agreement to be invoiced in a lump sum, are we contractually obligated to provide this detailed invoice or is the Buyer obligated to remit payment as originally invoiced?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

There is no requirement to submit itemized billing or other statements unless it is required by contract (or it is required by the profession - for example attorneys billing hourly must give a detailed statement). In your situation, neither of these rules appears to apply, and the buyer should remit payment within the 30 days or risk being held in breach of contract.

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. I am going to transfer our conversation to the "Q&A" format to ensure you can review the entire response (some customers have browser interface issues and I want to avoid any delay) and that I can follow up to any questions you may have quickly. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.