Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

If one is defamed in a website, what can he ask the court to

If one is defamed in a website, what can he ask the court to stop functioning of the website as soon as possible? Yahoo says a subpoena or court order is OK!
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, if you have been defamed on a website you can request that the court order that the website be taken down.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Before hearing, can he ask a subpoena or an injunction to service provider, what is the best?

Hello Kevin,

He can ask for a subpoena, but that is only to produce records, it will not force them to take down the content.

Preliminary injunctions are unconstitutional restrictions on freedom of speech (according to the Supreme Court) and unfortunately will not be granted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we ask the court to clarify the truthfulness of the enents while without suing someone?