Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

In Seattle, can we ask clerks of court to issue a DMCA subpoena

In Seattle, can we ask clerks of court to issue a DMCA subpoena without filing a lawsuit? And what time does it take from application to issue?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, unfortunately, subpoenas can only be issued in connection with a law suit. If you want to subpoena information regarding a DMCA violation, you will need to file suit against the person or people who you are alleging committed the violations in order to file a subpoena against them.

The clerks of court will definitely not issue subpoenas if there is no law suit that is ongoing.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!