Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I filed for divorce last April 2013 and just recently got rejected

Customer Question

I filed for divorce last April 2013 and just recently got rejected because I did not have my middle initial written on the summons served to my wife and also just realized that I had incorrectly typewritten her name. I was told by the clerk that I might have to correct this by doing an amendment. I did my research and from doing so, I am to complete an FL-100 again. I don't know if this is sufficient or is there anything I need to do to correct this matter? Thank you!
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

You can do an amended form. But if the name is XXXXX XXXXX it is just as easy to supply the court with a new one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The FL-100 is sufficient? Will she have to be served all over again since her name is XXXXX XXXXX the summons she was initially served with?

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that is correct. She needs to be served again with all the documents. And the FL-100 is sufficient.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome

I hope you will change your rating of this service.

Thank you