Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am the spouse of a daughter who has had a suit filed against

I am the spouse of a daughter who has had a suit filed against her by her mother for a verbal loan she took(prior to our marriage in 2002) we were married in 2008 and I had no knowledge of this agreement (which her mother has only now decided she wants the balance of the $20K owed) I am not named in the suit and my wife and I rent our house and outside of our cars have no joint assets my question is how does this affect me since we live in a community property state(my wife has been advised to file bankrupcy)

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

I suggest if it was acquired before the marriage and you had no interest in the funds, for instance your wife did not use that money to make a purchase that you also enjoyed, then it is still separate debt and that is why you are not named on the lawsuit.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
the other part of my question was if they did not get satisfaction from my wife and her assets can they go after any of my wages etc since I live in a community property state?