Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

My question is about noise violations

My question is about noise violations

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Please tell me what question you have regarding noise violations.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I received a noise violation for playing music too loud through my backyard outdoor speakers. I understand that there's certain level of decibel that are allowed during different times of the day. The complaining officer did not have a decibel meter so does the charge hold water?

Hello Jim,

Can you tell me what particular noise violation ordinance you were charged with violating?

Is it a local ordinance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Difficult to read on the complaint tickets because it's a carbon copy what I can see is 3.22/and I believe it says noise and I can't read the rest

Can you tell me what county and city you are in in New Jersey so I can try to find the ordinance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Somerset County Branchburg Township

Hello Jim,

Unfortunately, I cannot find any information online regarding the ordinance that they alleged that you violated online (as it would have been helpful to see the particular wording of this ordinance).

However, you are correct that in order to prove that your music was above a certain decibel level, it would be necessary for the officer to have had a decibel meter.

As long as the ordinance is written in that way (that noise levels over a certain decibel level constitute violations at different points in the day), you would definitely have sufficient grounds to challenge the ordinance violation (likely successfully) on the basis that the officer did not prove that your speakers were over a certain decibel level.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, PLEASE remember to rate my answer POSITIVELY (Excellent Service preferably) so I get credit for my work. I put significant time and effort into my answers, and DON’T receive anything for my work unless you rate my answer positively. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and is necessary even though you’ve made a deposit. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service! It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should you have future legal questions.

Please request me directly by placing “to Joseph” at the beginning of your question or you can ask a question directly to me through my URL here:

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and best of luck,