Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

I wrote a bank a bad check .I am pretty sure they will issue

I wrote a bank a bad check .I am pretty sure they will issue an arrest wanrrant. My question is - is the arrest warrant issued in the state the bank is or in the state I live in?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Bank fraud is a federal crime. That means that, if the bank reports it, they will report you to the federal authorities in their local office (in their state), because that's where the alleged crime occurred. The information could be relayed to federal authorities in your state, and they may or may not choose to pick you up. If the amount of the check is low, they may instead choose to send you a letter with a court date rather than having you arrested.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.