Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Hello, I worked with you last month. Im trying to settle

Hello, I worked with you last month. I'm trying to settle an unsecured line of credit, and I'm willing to pay 40%. Last month I talked to them and their in house collection agency in India want 60%. You agreed that I could send an offer for less than the offer they had on the table from a couple of months ago. At that time $2400 and I sent a new offer for $2000. I have not heard anything from them. Not even a phone call.
Good Morning Carol,

Thank you for the update and new question.

We last spoke on this matter on October 18. It is not unusual that you would not hear back from the collection department so quickly. Typically it is best not to contact the collection department again until they respond in order to negotiate the best deal. If they realize that you are anxious to settle, they will be less willing to reduce the amount

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can