Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Hello, my name is Sharey. Unfortunately my family and I had

Hello, my name is Sharey. Unfortunately my family and I had an incident with our dog. The dog bit a jogger that ran by our house in the early morning when it was dark. The jogger filed a police report and the county sheriff department responded. A report was filed; our dog was placed on quarantine at home for ten days. We recently recieved a letter from the jogger and it was obvious that the jogger was upset. She has a perception of our household and of us as dog owners. They wrote that they will be sending us their medical bills and expect quick reimbursement. My question is do I respond to the letter, do we pay the medical bills if we can, or should we seek legal advice prior to doing anything? I am afraid if respond or pay that this could lead to further action down the road or make things worse. Thank you for your time I look forward to hearing from you.
Sharey Selover
Seneca County
New York

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

I suggest that you are liable for medical expenses. And I fully understand that you do not want to be responsible for any future medical expenses. I suggest it would be prudent to at least consult with a local attorney so that when payment on these bills is made, the attorney can write a letter that stipulates that the claim is limited to these bills and that such payment will satisfy any future claims

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated