How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are being served papers for a court evaluation on a

This answer was rated:

If you are being served papers for a court evaluation on a foreclosure, for monies owed after an appraisal came back lower than what was owed, can they just leave the papers with just anyone or do they have to serve me, they left mine with one of my tenants...?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.


To answer your question directly, service does not necessarily require that you be served personally. Anyone who resided on your premises who is of legal age and can act on your behalf can be served. If you claim on papers that you reside in a single residency unit, they can leave the paperwork with the tenant on the basis that the tenant can provide you with the paperwork as you will be in contact. Similarly other parties such as your spouse, your children if 18 or older, or your attorney or even your boss (if served at work) can all be considered legal and proper service in this instance.


I am sorry!

Dimitry K., Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions