How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 101983
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the satute of limitations on warrant for child support

This answer was rated:

what is the satute of limitations on warrant for child support in georgia no arrearge is owed and son is amancipated
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

There is no statute of limitations for child support for orders issued on or after July 1, 1997, according to O.C.G.A. 9-12-60(d).

Anything prior to July 1, 1997, may be 5-7 years, but becomes very nuanced.

I hope this helps.

If this is not what you had hoped to hear, I am sorry. Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even if i do not owe and my son is 23 i am disabled and dont know what to do

Hmm. Please tell me:

1) Has your ex filed for enforcement?
2) Have you been served?
3) What do you mean 'you do not owe?' As in, you feel you do not owe, but they calculate that you do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have all my receipts and have hired 4 lawyers and because i have done all with internet they have all taken my money and never showed the judge i am not able to get to ga and i live in Florida so the judge is pissed at me i have been disabled since 1999 and they took out automatic payments and took from my disability 26500 and payed her 780 plus my 450 since 1999 so she was paid twice and they did not stop till i showed the state he was emancipated by then he was 22 and it was to stop at 18 so

Thank you.

Okay, you obviously need a good attorney here. Would you be willing to take some hints as how to find a good one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am owed 126000 in back child support that was over paid need one that works on contingency


Apologies for the wait.

May I recommend the GA Bar referral programs - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

I cannot guarantee that any would take a contingency, however.

I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...

…and another list:

Finally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state:

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Ely and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you