Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I LOANED MY COUSIN SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS A YR. AGO, HE GAVE

I LOANED MY COUSIN SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS A YR. AGO, HE GAVE ME PINK SLIP TO SELL IF NOT PAID BACK, NOW HE WON'T ALLOW ME TO SELL CAR WHICH IS 1950 PLYMOUTH VALUED AT $1,000, HE WANTS $30,000 NO LESS. REGISTRATION SUSPENDED FOR NO INS, AND HE STILL DRIVING IT, WHAT IF HE WRECKS OR GETS IT IMPOUNDED, ANYTHING I CAN DO?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If he gave you the pink slip and it was not signed and he will not sign the lien from DMV, then your next step I am afraid is you are going to have to file suit against him in court and you are going to have to sue him for the money and get a judgment and then the court can order him to either surrender the vehicle or give you a judgment lien on the car, which he could not refuse to sign. I am afraid that this is your sole remaining recourse in the position you are in given that he is refusing to cooperate with you.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.