Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

father not the biological father for the child but wants to

father not the biological father for the child but wants to give her his last name. What is the legal process for that?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I suggest, he can formally adopted the child OR you can go to the court and file a Petition for a Name Change.

You can get the forms for either the adoption or the name change from the Clerk of the Court in the county where the child lives.

Let me know what option you want more information on.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.