How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a product on line last january and never received

This answer was rated:

I purchased a product on line last january and never received it. They refuse to refund my money. How do i get it back?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

Your situation triggers your right to make a claim for breach of contract for failure to deliver the promised product. This means, quite simply, that in order to get your money back, you have to sue the website company.

What was the cost of the product?

Where is the website company located? (this question is important as finding the identity of the company and their location is necessary to determining where to sue them).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid them $1850.00. The name of the company is Safety bullet LLC. Their website is and they are based in Florida.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i mistakenly paid before i was finished. Are you still answering my question?

I will absolutely answer your question, and if you are not satisfied with my answer, let me know and I will refer you to customer service for a full refund.

In regard to your question, because the company is located in Florida there is a strong possibility that you would be forced to bring the lawsuit in Florida. However, you can attempt to bring the lawsuit in Minnesota in the small claims court nearest you.

Before we go further down the route of filing suit, did you pay for the order with a credit card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


The first thing I would do is contact your credit card company and request a reversal of the payment because the merchant has never delivered the product and will not respond to your requests for a refund.

This is the best way to get your money back and is known as a charge back. The credit card company should honor your request for a charge back and reverse the charge.

Have you attempted this yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry. i misunderstood. I paid safety bullet with a personal check.


Then we need to go back to suing them in court.

What you need to do first is send a certified demand letter that explains you have placed and order and sent a check to them. They have cashed the check but have failed to deliver the order. Tell them that if they do not either return your money or fulfill the order within 10 days of the receipt of the letter, you are going to initiate legal proceedings against them in Minnesota court.

You need to send the certified letter to three different addresses:
Safety Bullet, LLC

Micheal F. Worley
Safety Bullet, LLC
5746 E HWY 98

My research indicates that Safety Bullet, LLC is actually a Georgia corporation that is doing business in Panama City, Florida as a foreign LLC. Because the company has failed to file its yearly reports in Florida, its corporate status has been revoked, and thus Mr. Worley, who is the manager of the company, is personally liable on the debt to you.

See the following:

If there is no response from the company, then you should proceed to file the suit in the small claims court and get a judgment against the LLC.

Unfortunately, the fact that the company has failed to file its annual report and has a revoked corporate status in Florida indicates to me that the company may be insolvent.

You can also notify the Georgia Attorney General's office and the Florida Attorney's General Office that you have a consumer protection violation to assert against this company.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.