CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Hi. Could you please tell me the detailed steps I should do

Hi. Could you please tell me the detailed steps I should do of suing a company? Including how to find a lawyer and how to submit an appeal? Thank you!

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

While the task of describing an entire civil action in the detail you are asking for is somewhat beyond the scope of this forum, I was able to locate an article regarding the Indiana civil litigation process in great detail with information on the major points in a lawsuit (1) the pleadings; (2) discovery; (3) motion practice; (4) trial; and (5) post-judgment motions.

You can find the article here:

William B. Esq. :

To file an appeal, you must first have a judgment or order that disposes of the entire matter (there are a few small exceptions, but in general, the trial court case must be concluded). Once that has happened you will file a Notice of Appeal with the trial court, and the matter will be referred to the Appellate Court, where you must file an "Appellant's Brief" in support of your appeal.

William B. Esq. :

Unfortunately, I am not permitted to give specific referrals on this forum. I can however give you a couple of sites that will be helpful in locating a local attorney. You can find attorneys on your State Bar Association’s website: (; Martindale Hubble: (; or, on AVVO: (

To keep costs down, I recommend finding an attorney that is working in a small firm or as a solo practitioner. A newer attorney usually charges slightly less than a more experienced attorney, while the more experienced attorneys are usually a little more efficient. In the end, you need to find an attorney that you feel comfortable with, and it is okay to speak with more than one before retaining one.

William B. Esq. :

Here is a more detailed explanation of the appellate process for a final order:

Thanks very much William. I'm going to read the document you gave me and prepare the suing.

William B. Esq. :

You are welcome. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied.