ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

When I operated my corporation which no longer exists. The

When I operated my corporation which no longer exists. The Corporation was a Defendant in a court case. No action has been taken in this matter for a few years.
My question is, since this was my corporation which no longer exists, can the Attorney
sue me to recover His outstanding fee since it was a Corporation that hired the Attorney?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

So long as you did not sign an agreement that personally obligated yourself, but rather only your company, this attorney almost certainly would not have any case against you. The attorney would only have a case based on contract, and if the contract that he had was solely with the company, there would be no more case. Now if you personally guaranteed payment as well as the company having liability, then that would be a different matter.

ScottyMacEsq :

(in that second situation, he could sue, as there would be two entities that he could go after). But again, if you only signed as a representative of the company and not personally obligating himself, he would not have a case, as the only entity that was legally obligated to pay would be closed.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate this answer either a 3, 4, or 5 (good or better). Please note that I do not get any credit for this answer unless and until you rate it that way. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. This question is for a friend of mine and I will give your answer to them.

ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!