socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

My Son is in the middle of a divorce. Short marriage (less

My Son is in the middle of a divorce. Short marriage (less than a year) she wants $500. 00 a month alimony. His brother my other son works as a licensed radiological technician at our local hospital that she frequents very often and never hidden that from us. She has threatened my son that if he does not agree to pay she will call the hospital and state that the other son has violated her hipaa privacy. she has called but they told her to submit a written notice. he has not violated this but it is causing my family distress as we do not know what she is after other than revenge. she has a history or purgery and forgery in a former marriage. this should be a simple divorce as there is not estate, or children involved. How should we handle this bribary?

If you can get the demand in writing (e.g., "In exchange for the agreement by John Honest, to pay $500 per month alimony, to Carol Conartist, Carol Conartist agrees to not report John Honest to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for a violation of the Health Care Insurance Portability and Accountability Act."), and if "Carol" signs the demand, then you can just call the police/sheriff and report this as alleged felony criminal extortion.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful or if I can provide further clarification or assistance.

And, thanks for using justanswer.com!