How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16498
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew lives in Illinois. He has about $40,000 in back child

Resolved Question:

My nephew lives in Illinois. He has about $40,000 in back child support payments overdue in Wisconsin. He works as a carpenter in Illinois. Is he able to get a driver's license in Illinois in order to work and pay the child support, even if an amount is still owing in Wiscnsin while he is working?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, the only way your nephew will be able to obtain a driver license anywhere in the USA, is if he does go back to court and makes arrangements to pay back child support, which are accepted and approved by the court in Wisconsin and starts making payments to pay down his back owed child support, plus any interest on it.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you