Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

If my ex husband and I have a court order to sell our home,

If my ex husband and I have a court order to sell our home, do we have to if both ofvus agree not to sell it? us there a motion we can file to remove that court order?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

If both of you have agreed not to sell the house, someone in your situation can submit a Motion to Modify Court Order based on your mutual agreement and the judge will review the situation and would generally go along with the wishes of the ex-spouses, as long as, such wishes do not adversly effect anyone else, such as minor children, etc...

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does my ex husband and I need to file for the same motion or does he need to sign the form I fille out?

Dear Susan,

Generally a Motion would have to be filed by either you or your husband and it can be stipulated in the Motion that both parties agree on this issue.

I wish you the best of luck!