Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

what happened to the answer from the lawyer I had ? Did he

what happened to the answer from the lawyer I had ? Did he quit ?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to start by calling the local taxi bureau in the city where the taxi is licensed. The taxi bureau has strict rules on fees that cabs can charge passengers and that rates must be posted and/or told to customers before the trip. If the taxi did not abide by those laws they can be fined and have their license taken as well. In addition, if they deviated from the posted fares you can sue in small claims court to recover the difference he made you pay.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you do not have a taxi bureau or taxi licensing in your town, then you have to take him to small claims for damages for misrepresenting his fees.