Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

About 20 years ago a friend of mine 40years of age was closely

Customer Question

About 20 years ago a friend of mine 40years of age was closely working with a 27 year old boy to help him study for his GED exam. This involved the boy going to sleep at my friends apartment. One morning while emotionally sick my friend felt a need to be closer to the boy and so put a hand inside his pants to touch his buttocks. My friend just lightly swept a finger across the lower are of the buttocks and that was it. What consequences does my friend face at this time?I note that just afet the incident my friend checked into a psychiatric facility over the matter. He called the boy's mother and told her to keep the boy away from him.
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former asst prosecutor, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Your friend has nothing to worry about. First, I assume you mean 17 and not 27. The statute of limitations has long since expired on any prosecution of the this assault. It is not aggravated sexual assault since the victim was over 16 and no penetration occurred. That is helpful, since it would have carried a 30 year statute of limitations. This is a simple assault, maybe a lewd and lascivious, and no prosecutor is going to be interested in pursuing charges even if it were possible.

It is my privilege to assist you.  Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Since this forum is no substitute for your own legal counsel, you may want to verify the information I have provided with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures.

I am happy to answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. 

Thank you.