Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

We own a restaurant in Las Vegas, Nevada and have just uncovered

Customer Question

We own a restaurant in Las Vegas, Nevada and have just uncovered thievery by our 23 year old grandson who has been in our employ for the past 1-1/2 years. Stolen corporate intellectual property,customers, business cards, recipes for food and beverages. Wads of money found in the safe with no markings as to their purpose.

We want to execute a Cease & Desist and pursue legal action against him. Was was terminated as of October 24, 2013 in person by grandfather. My husband and myself are retired senior on fixed income. This was been devastating for the grandfather and me.

Additionally, grandson is living in a condo we own. We also want to evict him as soon as possible. What legal action may be taken immediately?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Hello

My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing you with information in this regard

I am sorry to hear of this situation for you and your family

Please tell me

1 - have you report the crimes to the police?

2 - what is the purpose of the Cease and Desist letter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

#1 NO

#2 GRANDSON WILL BE TRYING TO MAKE FOOD, BEVERAGES AND GO SELL THEM TO OUR EXISTING CUSTOMER BASE.

CLIENTS WILL THINK HE STILL WORKS FOR US. HE IS NOT LICENSED TO DO WORK OUTSIDE THE RESTAURANT. WE KNOW HE AS ALREADY CONTACTED SOME OF CUSTOMERS LOOKING TO SELL THEM OUR PRODUCTS BEHIND OUR BACK.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Thank you for that information

To have him evicted you need to hand him a letter to vacate the premises. You can tell him in the letter that he has a minimum of 7 days and a max of 30 days to leave. You can state in the letter that should he not adhere to the letter, you will go to court to pursue an eviction.

And you can note, if you want, that the eviction will be reflected on his record in his attempt to find other housing.

The Cease and Desist letter may be mailed by you - you do not need a local attorney to do that - but it has to be mailed Certified with a Return Receipt Requested

If you want to take legal action so he cannot come onto your premises, then you need to report the thefts to the police and request a restraining order.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.