Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I wanted to dress up a new article to the paper. I am a minister

Customer Question

I wanted to dress up a new article to the paper. I am a minister in the community and a friend to the Mayor and also a public employee.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Can you please explain what you would like assistance from us about?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

proofreading the letter and working on the flow and grammer

Thank you for your response.

We would be glad to assist you with that if you can post the letter here for us to work with you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Extra, extra read all about it! Public and Private employees are seeking reasonable pay.

Poverty is the pits, if you don’t think so, try it sometime. It is a degrading experience. It can push a good person to the “over the brink” to do bad things to escape poverty. Don’t take my word for it just look around at the crime rate.

Businesses find it difficult, if not impossible to survive. They can’t keep up with the cost of living, the regulations and governmental controls required of them. Most small business can’t afford their own insurance policies let alone somebody else’s.

There are honest people who have to force themselves to get up out of bed everyday and attempt to solve their financial dilemma. They must go to work regardless of their health issues. This they do in order to get some money, usually not enough to adequately meet the cost of living. They have to work a second or a third job in order to meet their expenses.

My friend it’s past time we stop blaming public employees and those who are working trying to make a positive difference. We need the wisdom and knowledge long term employees bring to the table. One day you may wake up to no businesses or work force. Who then will pay taxes for those needing six digit salaries or those who are not working for any number of reasons?

Citizens, we are going to make it, if we take our actions responsibly. “We the people of the United States” can wake up and give God thanks for today! God gives us the power to get wealth-Dt. 8:18. Could we return to in “God we trust”? Perhaps even be decent to one another?

I know our city leaders and citizen want what’s best for our children. Let’s focus our energy on creating a viable job market with a skilled labor force. We can teach by example how to be civil toward one another even during the difficult financial times we are passing through. “ It take a village to bring up a child’ Hilary Clinton

Bishop Franklin E. Lobo

Church of God in Christ, Int'l

It was done fairly well. See below with suggested changes.

Poverty is the pits, if you don’t think so, try it sometime. Poverty is an extremely degrading experience and can force good and honest people “over the brink” and cause them to engage in improper, immoral or illegal behavior to try escape poverty and merely survive and provide for their families. One does not have to take my word for it, the rising crime rate is proof that people have taken to illegal acts to try to survive in this failing economy.

Businesses find it difficult, if not impossible to survive. Businesses cannot keep up with the cost of living, the regulations, the taxes and governmental controls required of them. Most small business cannot afford their own insurance policies let alone somebody else’s. People have no money to spend to buy products from businesses and as a result, businesses are forced to let employees go and/or cut their hours to where they cannot make a living wage. This is a vicious cycle.

There are honest people who have to force themselves to get up out of bed everyday and attempt to solve their financial dilemma. They must go to work regardless of their health issues. These people go to work rain or shine, sick or healthy because they have no choice to survive and at the end of their work week they are lucky to barely take home enough money to pay their bills, much less put food on the table for their families. People have to work multiple jobs taking them away from raising their families and teaching their children as they have a moral obligation to do.

Citizens, we will make it if we take our actions responsibly. “We the people of the United States” can wake up and give God thanks for today! God gives us the power to get wealth-Dt. 8:18. Could we return to in “God we trust”? Perhaps even be decent to one another?

I know our city leaders and citizens want what’s best for our children. Let us focus our energy on creating a viable job market with a skilled labor force. We can teach by example how to be civil toward one another even during the difficult financial times we are passing through. As Hillary Clinton says, it does "take a village" to bring up a child.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law