Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

What can I do in regards XXXXX XXXXX offensive mail via the

What can I do in regards XXXXX XXXXX offensive mail via the Post Office? The mail is religiously offensive in nature.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you notified the sender to be removed from their mailing lists?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They dont address my address directly, it is the "bulk mail" that the postal carrier just grabs one and throws it in the mailbox. It is done the same way as the bulk of the ad flyers going to the mailbox.

All of this bulk ad mail is offensive to me in religious nature.

I get at least 4-6 (sometimes more) local religious organizations using this bulk ad mail process to shove their ad into my mailbox.

Thank you for your reply.

If it is not targeted advertising mail, which you can opt out of by contacting the Federal Trade Commission at, then to stop the bulk mail all you can do is file a complaint with the US Postal Service and the postal inspector's office to get them to stop your mail carrier from leaving you such mail. Before you call the post office to ask them to stop, speak to your letter carrier and your postmaster general at your local post office, if that does not work then complain to the postal inspector as that is the only way to stop the mass junk mails from going to your address as the letter carrier simply puts one in every mailbox.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.