Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I had broke my collar bone this summer.I had surgery because

I had broke my collar bone this summer.I had surgery because it broke in multiple spots. So they put a plate, wire and screws. I did rehab and then was released for full work duty's. one week and the plate broke. My DR says he has never seen a plate break in his 25yrs. The break is in a spot where the plate was manipulated with the bone. The DR admits they had to manipilate it. But he is ready to do the surgery again while I am out of short term
dissabillty pay from work. So I cant afford to do it again. So I could lose my job over this to because I use up all my FMLA for the year. bad plate or bad surgery?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situaiton. It appears there is a possible mal practice suit and possibly a suit against the manufacturer of the plate.

I suggest it would be most prudent to have a face to face consultation with a local mal practice attorney so that it can fully be evaluated as to what exactly the situation is.

Such an attorney would take a matter of this nature on a contingency basis.

I suggest you can contract the NC Bar Association to get a legal referral service for a lawyer in your area.

Here is that contact information.
919-677-8574 (local Raleigh area)
1-800-662-7660 (outside NC)
mailto:[email protected]

I suggest you do not want to have another surgery without first consulting with the local attorney as there is too much at stake.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.