Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Can a golf course keep me from using my own mobility cart,

Can a golf course keep me from using my own mobility cart, that has a bag carrier, if they allow waking players to use push carts?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To answer directly, provided that the reason for the mobility cart is your disability or inability to walk unassisted, then under state and federal disability laws, the course cannot withhold access. But if you are simply wishing to use the mobility cart to get around but can walk on your own, the golf course can deny the use. Your use would be protected under the A.D.A. (Americans With Disabilities Act) but otherwise the gold course, being a private entity, can deny access and use to others.

Hope that helps.