Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I made a you tube video recently and asked someone to make

I made a you tube video recently and asked someone to make a reaction video to it. Only thing is I didn't ask them to show my face in the video. When they made the reaction video they showed my face in there reaction video for a whole minute. I asked them to take it down a few days ago. But go no response. You tube has a form to fill out if you feel someone posts your face without permission. Any ideas on how I can get that video removed?

I should also point out that I started to file a complain but got a bit lost when they wanted link to the video I was saying violated my rights, the persons channel that violated my rights and my channel.  I can clearly prove by looking at my video in my you tube channel I'm the same person in the video reaction the person made but put my face in the video without asking me first?

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

First of all, in your complaint you need to show youtube where to find the video that is violating your right of using your personal image for gain or profit in public. So, however you or me would get to that video or channel on youtube is the link or url they are looking for you to put on your complaint report.

Second, you are complaining about them making public use of your image for commercial purpose, gain or profit and as such violating your right to privacy, which is what you tell youtube in your complaint to them.

You have to fill out the complaint form from youtube as your first step though and you must submit it.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.