TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I let a person stay for a few weeks in my San Francisco apartment

I let a person stay for a few weeks in my San Francisco apartment till he found a place. He now will not move out. I can't have him stay here any longer. How do I get him out?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

You can attempt to call the police and ask them to have him removed by telling them that he was a guest who won't leave and has no lease agreement or rights to be in the building. The police do not have to help you here, and may tell you that this is a civil matter for you to handle on your own. If they say that, then you will have to actually file an eviction action against him the the SF courts.

You first need to send a three day eviction notice. You can do this immediately, using the following form: http://www.scribd.com/doc/82508677/Eviction-N otice?utm_source=1014&utm_campaign=Scribd+Search&keyword=3%20day%20eviction%20notice%20california&mtype=e&ad=29027503716&pkw=3%20day%20eviction%20notice%20california&mkwid=NfgO1xan_dc&pcrid=29027503716&pmt=e&plc=&gclid=CPKqmP2zrroCFQLl7AodUgsAFA

If after 3 days he has not left, then you file the eviction suit. To file the eviction, follow the directions found on this site: http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/self-help/evictions

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Zachary